President Trump presented Rush Limbaugh with the Presidential Medal of Freedom during the State of the Union Address Tuesday night.
The conservative radio talk show host announced on Monday that he has advanced lung cancer.
Limbaugh has been a staunch Trump ally, who dined with the president at his balm beach golf club.
According to the White House, the medal of freedom is given to people who made special contributions to the security or national interests of the U.S. It can also be awarded to those who contributed to world peace, or cultural and other significant endeavors.
- KFC testing new ‘premium’ chicken sandwich
- White House announces Medicare plan to provide insulin for $35 a month
- NHL Commissioner: Regular season over, 24-team playoff in 2 cities
- US lawmakers introduce bill that would give billions to schools, libraries for internet access
- Roane County parents facing child abuse, neglect charges after daughter’s remains found on property