TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- Hundreds participate in birthday parade for 1-year-old El Paso Walmart shooting survivor
- South Carolina fugitive may be hiding in NC mountains
- 100th birthday in Hawaii celebrated with drive by parade
- Person transported to hospital following water rescue in Surgoinsville
- Woods, Manning win “The Match: Champions for Charity”