TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- Family files federal lawsuit after death of Claiborne County inmate
- TWRA Executive Director announces retirement
- Late slide puts Lady Vols’ NCAA Tournament streak at risk
- Knoxville to celebrate Beauford Delaney with Bijou Theatre performance
- Pruitt adds two to Tennessee Vols’ staff