NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Sen. Rand Paul has endorsed Manny Sethi in his Republican bid for an open U.S. Senate seat in Tennessee.
The Nashville trauma surgeon’s campaign announced Paul’s endorsement Friday in the contested race to replace Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is retiring.
With the endorsement, the Republican from Kentucky said Sethi is like him in that he’s a “physician, not another politician.”
Sethi’s main opponent is former Ambassador to Japan Bill Hagerty, who landed an endorsement from President Donald Trump before entering the race and has made it the centerpiece of his primary campaign.
Republicans have held both Tennessee seats in the Senate since 1994.
- Emerald Youth Foundation hiring for multiple part-time positions
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports two new deaths as active cases approach 1,000
- Safety concerns persist as IOC says Olympics without fans ‘something we don’t want’
- Closest images ever taken of the sun released, reveal ‘campfires’ near surface
- Newsfeed Now: Second stimulus check?; 4-year-old gets garbage-themed birthday party