KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Friday marks the return of Regal’s Celebration of Lights in downtown Knoxville.
Kicking off at 5:30 p.m., Mayor Madeline Rogero and special guests will light the 42-foot Christmas tree in the Krutch Park extension. There will be a ceremony that includes live music, fireworks, lasers and a visit from Santa.
The event also includes food vendors, children’s train rides, marshmallow roasting, plus free hot cocoa and doughnuts.
WATE is a proud sponsor of this event. It will be emceed by WATE anchors Tearsa Smith and Bo Williams.
- Crash leads to arrest of Ohio man found driving with dead passenger
- Solar storm brings northern lights to mainland US. Here’s how to watch
- Missouri man charged with killing wife after 4 prior domestic reports
- Removing brain-eating amoeba from Lake Jackson’s water supply will take time, officials say
- Woman told to forfeit Second Chance Lottery prize after USPS loses certified mail with ticket inside