KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Regal Cinemas filed a notice with the state department of labor for a temporary closure and layoff for two Knoxville locations.
According to the notice, the temporary closure will take place at the theatre on Kingston Pike.
The temporary layoff of over 200 workers will be take place at their corporate headquarters at East Blount Avenue.
This is the second round of layoff’s for these locations since the start of the pandemic. Theater chain Cineworld Group Plc said earlier this month that it would close 536 Regal cinemas in the U.S. and 127 Cineworld and Picturehouse venues in the U.K. this week, affecting some 45,000 employees.
- Ready to buy a boat? Get in line as watercraft shortage picks up
- Breast cancer support groups receive grant to reach more of East TN
- Blackhorse Pub & Brewery in Alcoa is hiring
- Ohio wedding crashers: Guests confront men accused of taking beer, punching groom
- ‘One of the hardest things I’ve probably ever done’: Knox County Rescue on search for Summer Wells