KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Regal Cinemas filed a notice with the state department of labor for a temporary closure and layoff for two Knoxville locations.
According to the notice, the temporary closure will take place at the theatre on Kingston Pike.
The temporary layoff of over 200 workers will be take place at their corporate headquarters at East Blount Avenue.
This is the second round of layoff’s for these locations since the start of the pandemic. Theater chain Cineworld Group Plc said earlier this month that it would close 536 Regal cinemas in the U.S. and 127 Cineworld and Picturehouse venues in the U.K. this week, affecting some 45,000 employees.
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- Brightly burning meteor seen across wide areas of Japan
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- Small earthquake reported in East Tennessee early Monday
- Blount County Schools to require masks for all students, faculty and visitors