KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Several regional county mayors are planning a joint news conference in Knoxville Wednesday to address economic recovery plans.
Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs’s office said he’ll meet with mayors from seven of the eight neighboring counties to outline economic recovery. Grainger County Mayor Mike Byrd is unable to attend but has been involved in conversations with the larger group.
The meeting will be attended by:
- Anderson County Mayor Terry Frank
- Blount County Mayor Ed Mitchell
- Jefferson County Mayor Mark Potts
- Loudon County Mayor Buddy Bradshaw
- Roane County Executive Ron Wood
- Sevier County Mayor Larry Waters
- Union County Mayor Jason Bailey
The join address is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Volunteer Landing. You can watch it streamed live on WATE.com and our free news app.
- Alcoa finishes regular season 9-1 with victory over Dobyns Bennett
- Football comes full circle: Mays brothers reunite on the Tennessee offensive line
- Haunted Tri-Cities: Newport building linked to tragedy, haunting and a conspiracy
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first