KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee Congressman Tim Burchett has found a way to support the Girl Scouts while offering sweet rewards to those serving on the front lines.
More than 70 percent of funding for Girl Scouts comes from cookies sales but cookie booth sales had to close last month due to the pandemic.
The former Knox County Mayor decided to buy $1,000’s worth of cookies from the Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachia’s.
Representative Burchett (TN-02) picked up the cookies Friday morning and began making the rounds to Knoxville Fire Department, Knox County Rural Metro Fire Department, and other first responders in Maryville, Alcoa, Lenoir City and Loudon.
- Advocates ‘shocked’ to learn Biden considered keeping Trump’s cap on refugees
- A home away from home: comfort is now available for WV veterans’ families
- Cartels use COVID-19 as excuse to raise drug prices, distribute food to poor in Mexico, report says
- Parler can now return to App Store, Apple says in letter to senator
- New Jersey adds ‘X’ gender option on driver’s licenses and IDs