MINNEAPOLIS – Congresswoman Ilhan Omar announced Monday that her father has died from complications of COVID-19.
The Minnesota representative released the following statement:
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ”
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’cuun
Surely we belong to God and to Him shall we return.
It is with tremendous sadness and pain that I share that my father, Nur Omar Mohamed, passed away today due to complications from COVID-19. No words can describe what he meant to me and all who knew him. My family and I ask for your respect and privacy during this time.
The Minnesota Department of Health reported six new deaths on Monday from COVID-19 and 230 new cases, bringing the number of total positive cases in the state to 30,693.
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- LIVE COVERAGE: Trump and Biden spar over SCOTUS, health care in first debate
- Vols’ Yves Pons to host virtual cooking class for Make-A-Wish
- WATCH: ABC News coverage of the first Presidential Debate in Cleveland
- Oak Ridge Police, FBI investigating bank robbery on South Illinois Avenue; person of interest being investigated