HELENWOOD, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Highway Patrol has identified the woman who died in a vehicle accident on Helenwood Detour Road Wednesday afternoon.
Investigators say a 73-year-old woman is dead and a 13-year-old child is uninjured following a single-vehicle accident on Wednesday that involved a tree.
According to the preliminary incident report from Tennessee Highway Patrol, the woman and child were traveling in a Mazda CX-9 on Helenwood Detour Road when the vehicle went off the roadway and struck a tree. The vehicle then came to “an uncontrolled final rest.”
The 73-year-old Helenwood woman, identified as Chloria Wilson, died from injuries sustained in the crash. She had been wearing her seat belt.
The 13-year-old child with Wilson was uninjured in the crash and was also wearing their seat belt.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Read City USA book drive aims to improve family literacy in Knox County
- Family of 12-year-old girl who died from flu speaks out
- Positively Tennessee: Snidow making a difference with staff, patients at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- The Business Buzz: Zoo Knoxville hosting seasonal job fair
- Bill would create sex assault solutions task force for Coast Guard