KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A person was injured Saturday morning when someone fired into their car.
The person in the car, which was in the 300 block of Chestnut Street near the intersection with Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., was not hit by gunfire, but had injuries from broken glass, according to the Knoxville Police Department.
An investigation suggests an unknown vehicle pulled next to the victim’s vehicle and shot into it multiple times around 11 a.m., police said.
Officers are searching for the car used in the shooting and ask anyone with information to contact the tipline at 865-215-7212.
- President Trump welcomes National Champion LSU to White House
- Employee temporarily loses workers’ compensation after company files for bankruptcy, shuts down
- UT president’s goals for 2020
- Read City USA book drive aims to improve family literacy in Knox County
- Family of 12-year-old girl who died from flu speaks out