KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A person was injured Saturday morning when someone fired into their car.
The person in the car, which was in the 300 block of Chestnut Street near the intersection with Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., was not hit by gunfire, but had injuries from broken glass, according to the Knoxville Police Department.
An investigation suggests an unknown vehicle pulled next to the victim’s vehicle and shot into it multiple times around 11 a.m., police said.
Officers are searching for the car used in the shooting and ask anyone with information to contact the tipline at 865-215-7212.
- Tennessee defensive back will be the first-ever Vol to wear No. 0 after NCAA rule change in April
- Scuffles erupt outside California church holding indoor service without masks, despite judge’s ban
- The best-paying occupations that don’t require an advanced degree
- Self-defense claimed in stabbing death at apartments on Inskip Drive
- Man sought after 5-year-old killed in North Carolina shooting, police say