MCDONALD COUNTY, Mo. — A semi truck, hauling 40,000 pounds of alcohol, crashed in Misouri early Monday morning.
McDonald County Sheriff’s deputies were called just before five this morning.
A semi had rolled over on the state-line at US-71.
There were thousands of bottles of rye whiskey on the highway–blocking both southbound lanes.
Police were able to get the mess into one lane and began the clean-up — which took several hours.
The driver of the semi was not injured.
- Dr. Seuss books going for exorbitant prices on Amazon
- Black market for marijuana still thriving even as more states legalize it for medicinal, recreational use
- ‘Symbol of hatred’: No charges after KKK flag hangs next door to Black family’s home
- Your credit report may be wrong, but you can do something about it
- LIVE: National security officials testify on Jan. 6 Capitol attack