MARLOW, Tenn. (WATE) – Anderson County deputies didn’t need to dust for prints while investigating a recent theft after a severed finger was found at the crime scene.
A stolen log splitter in the Marlow Community was reported to the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday. A severed finger, a cell phone, tools and other items were also reported to be found on the victim’s property.
Detectives found Hugh Seeber was dropped off at Methodist Medical Center with a missing finger.
The 50-year-old was then taken to UT Medical Center in Knoxville. Anderson County Detective Sean Flynn met him there, bringing the severed finger with him.
Seeber was charged with felony theft of property.
- Tennessee Vols to open men’s basketball season with game against Colorado on Tuesday
- Gators claim SEC East title after the Vols fall to No. 6 Florida, 31-19
- UT fans weigh in about first home game since late October
- Make-A-Wish gives special gift to Knoxville child
- TWRA: Body of missing fisherman recovered near Fort Loudoun Dam