SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Sevierville Police Department officials have released the name of the man whose body was pulled from the Little Pigeon River Sunday night.
The deceased has been identified as Mateo Morales Ruben, 50, of Sevierville.
No additional information has been released as of Monday afternoon.
Ruben died Sunday night after police say he drowned in the Little Pigeon River.
The Sevierville Police Department says that they received a 911 call around 8 p.m. saying a man had jumped into the Little Pigeon River and never resurfaced.
A spokesperson says a body was recovered around 9:20 p.m.
The Sevierville Police Department asked motorists to avoid Redbank Road off of Pittman Center as it was blocked off for emergency personnel only while they worked the scene.
- Coronavirus: Prayers for nursing home during COVID-19 pandemic
- 98 have died from coronavirus in Tennessee while cases rise to 4,862
- Severe weather possible Easter Sunday
- Apple, Google team up to develop coronavirus contact-tracing tool
- IRS launches new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments