SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A gas leak that occurred at Sevier County High School Thursday morning has been repaired, according to police.
Sevierville Police said early Thursday that emergency crews were responding to a gas leak at Sevier County High School. Principal Dustin Huffaker said just after school began Thursday, a vehicle-related accident caused in damage to a gas meter near the school.
The school was placed in lockdown to ensure student and staff safety and to prevent anyone from coming near the scene of the accident. No injuries were sustained.
Administrators immediately closed off the area and called for emergency response. Sevierville fire crews, police and the Sevier County Utilities District immediately responded to the scene.
“I am proud of our students and staff for their vigilance and flexibility during this incident. I am also thankful for the speedy, robust response of the agencies that came to our assistance. Overall, I am grateful to live and work in a community like ours where taking care of one another is still a priority. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter, and feel free to reach out to our office here at SCHS if you have any additional concerns.”Dr. Dustin Huffaker, Sevier County High School Principal
This is a developing story. Download the WATE 6 News app for updates sent to your phone