MORGAN COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – Six people are facing charges after an investigation into how contraband was getting into a state prison in Morgan County.
Those six people are accused of introducing contraband into the Morgan County Correctional Complex facility, official misconduct, or engaging in sexual activity with an inmate.
The Tennessee Department of Correction says it has ramped up its efforts to prevent the introduction of contraband into prisons.
- Petition calls for ‘Evelyn’s Law’ to require parents to report missing children sooner
- Lady Antebellum bringing 2020 Ocean Tour to Knoxville
- Knoxville’s newly-renovated Maple Hall reopening Tuesday
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s Knoxville Alumnae holding Mardi Gras charity gala
- Public memorial service remembers the private Kobe Bryant