TRENTON, MI (WATE) – Authorities in Michigan say a human skull was found at the Michigan home of a man killed in an East Tennessee officer-involved shooting last week.
The remains were discovered Monday in Trenton, Michigan at the previous home of Mark Eberly by new homeowners.
Eberly was found dead after exchanging gunfire with a Cumberland County Sheriff’s deputy last week along Chestnut Hill Road.
The new homeowners saw the skull in the home’s fire pit before immediately contacting police.
According to Fox 2 Detroit, police said Eberly moved from the Trenton residence sometime in the past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. Neighbors told Fox 2 Detroit Eberly had nightly fires in the fire pit before moving away.
Michigan State Police agents are also investigating the discovery.
Investigators say the remains of only one person have been found.
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Drug Overdose Support Group meetings to resume
- Zoo Knoxville welcomes rare bird hatchling
- KCS Board of Education approves contract with Florida Virtual School to help teach students enrolled in online classes
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals