GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Great Smoky Mountain National Park officials have delayed the opening of several park visitors centers Tuesday due to inclement weather.
Park officials delayed the opening of Sugarlands Visitor Center, Oconaluftee Visitor Center, Cades Cove Visitor Center, Clingmans Dome Information Station, and Park Headquarters until 11:00 a.m. due to inclement weather.
Newfound Gap Road and the Foothills Parkway from Wears Valley to Walland are currently closed. Clingmans Dome Road is also closed.
Park crews are assessing other roadways at this time.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- DRONE VIDEO: High waters at Fish River after Hurricane Sally
- VIDEO: Astounding view of Orange Beach devastation from drone after Sally
- Hurricane Teddy strengthens to Category 4 storm; Tropical Depression 22 forms in Gulf of Mexico
- UT Law Enforcement Innovation Center to launch training program for rural law enforcement agencies
- South Doyle eSports club goes through extra hoops to participate in tournaments amid COVID-19