MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — An upcoming fundraising event celebrating Appalachian food with bacon-centered dishes that will ultimately help Blount County children will take place at Dancing Bear Lodge and Appalachian Bistro.
The New Hope Blount County Children’s Advocacy Center is hosting its annual “Bacon at the Bear” event later this month. There will be not only bacon dishes, but also live music and an artisan fair. The fundraiser is set for July 31 at 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Dancing Bear Lodge in Townsend.
Tickets are on sale now. New Hope is also accepting donations to help meet their goal of $25,000 for the “Bacon at the Bear” event.
- Losses on the track, wins on field: Another rocky day for USA
- ‘At a breaking point’: Mississippi down to 6 open ICU beds as delta rips through younger, unvaccinated populations
- Doctors warn against taking Ivermectin for COVID-19
- Knox Co. Health Department hosting World Breastfeeding Week drive-thru event at Zoo Knoxville
- West Memphis family mourning 11-year-old who died from COVID complications
New Hope Children’s Advocacy Center provides forensic interviews, forensic medical exams, counseling and ongoing advocacy services for child victims of sexual abuse. The funds received each year from “Bacon at the Bear,” according to the nonprofit, provide crucial services to children and their families – supporting the nonprofit in its mission to provide hope, safety and healing to children in the most traumatic circumstances.