KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A single-vehicle collision on the Foothills Parkway in Wears Valley has left two dead. On Sunday, July 25, Great Smoky Mountains National Park rangers responded to Foothills Parkway near the intersection with U.S. 321 at Wears Valley for a call about a collision.
Rangers said Benjamin Braunsdorf, 50, of Seymour, and Wendy Fitzgibbon, 46, of Knoxville, were riding on a motorcycle when it lost control and collided with a roadside sign. Both were pronounced deceased on the scene.
- 10-year-old thankful for skateboard gift from Lafollette Police officer
- Residents voice concerns over proposed Pellissippi Parkway extension
- Oak Ridge marks International Day of Peace at Friendship Bell
- Nashville Council voting to regulate party buses, pedal taverns
- Just 56% of Americans can name all three branches of government — that’s actually a 15-year high
Park Rangers are investigating the incident. No additional details are available at this time.