SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Soaky Mountain Waterpark is ending its first season by hosting a discount day to benefit the Sevier County Food Ministry.
For each discounted ticket sold from 9-10 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 27, the waterpark will donate $9.99 to the food pantry. Tickets will cost just $19.99 plus tax.
“It has been an amazing first season for us despite a worldwide pandemic and we just want to say, ‘thank you’ to everyone who came to visit us this summer,” manager Dave Andrews said. “We are so grateful for everyone’s support, and this food drive is our way of giving back to our community who has embraced our new tourist attraction.”
Donation stations will also be located at the park entrance for guests who wish to make additional cash donations to the ministry addressing food insecurity in Sevier County.
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Photo gallery: Remembering Sean Connery
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- Friday Frenzy Week 11 final scores from across the state
- Gallery: Week 11 of Friday Frenzy