SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – A new East Tennessee waterpark will officially open for business later this month.
According to a post from Soaky Mountain Waterpark, the Sevierville attraction will open on June 27 from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Sneak previews are available on June 25 and 26 for season pass holders and guests who buy tickets from Wilderness at the Smokies.
Season passes for 2020 and 2021 will go on sale on June 26.
The waterpark will have restricted capacity due to COVID-19 precautions, so guests are encouraged to purchase tickets ahead of their visits online.
Children ages 3 and up will require tickets, but guests of Wilderness at the Smokies will receive a $20 discount on admission.
A release from the waterpark says Soaky Mountain will remain open through Labor Day, with select days of operation in September .
The Wilderness Resorts and Waterparks ownership group announced construction of the attraction last July. The park will feature a 35,000 square foot wave pool, an adventure pool with a water obstacle course and four large slide complexes among other attractions.
- White House still planning holiday parties, despite virus warnings
- Students at Horace Maynard Middle School to learn online Tuesday
- Rules about police wearing masks vary widely across US
- Could you get the same COVID-19 treatment as Trump? Here’s who will qualify
- Vols basketball cancels first 2 games due to COVID-19 contact tracing