BOCA CHICA, Texas — The SpaceX Starship SN4 prototype exploded on Friday shortly after an engine test.
The rocket exploded at 1:49 p.m.
According to reports, the sound of the fiery blast shook cars and made car alarms go off.
The fire continued well over two hours after the initial explosion.
SpaceX Boca Chica last had an explosion occur in February when the Starship SN1 suffered a cryogenic explosion.
No information is available at this time on what caused the rocket to explode.
- Dollywood: 3 people sent to hospital after “themed decoration” falls, strikes them at the park
- TBI identifies suspect shot in officer-involved shooting in South Knoxville
- TDHS extends deadline to apply for Pandemic Food Assistance
- Coronavirus Tennessee: 1,460 new COVID-19 cases, a 2.5% increase as total cases top 61,000
- Duke Women’s Basketball hires former Lady Vol Kara Lawson as head coach