KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A special county commission meeting that was scheduled by Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs kicked off Monday evening.
The meeting is to discuss the proposed move of Knox County Schools district offices from the Andrew Johnson Building into the TVA East Tower.
There were also talks of an anticipated agreement with the University of Tennessee.
Mayor Jacobs called the issue “a complex topic” ahead of Monday’s meeting.
The mayor’s office said on Jan. 3 that no votes will be taken during this meeting.
WATE 6 On Your Side is following this story and will update as new developments become available.
- Garden Center busy during the coronavirus pandemic
- Surgeon General: Here’s how you can make a cloth mask today in just a few easy steps
- Herd of 4 bison euthanized after escape from preserve in Crossville
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County confirmed cases increase to 97, total of recovered now 58
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19