KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — East Tennessee students are making sure anyone in need of an extra layer of warmth can find one in our community.
Students spend the day around Downtown Knoxville placing scarves on benches, tying scarves to trees, rails and posts.
Each scarf bears a tag with a message: “I am not lost – you can keep me at no cost,” meaning one could take it to stay warm in the cold.
The L&N STEM Academy’s student Key Club launched the project for its third year.
The “Warm Thoughts” project is meant to remind everyone to help your fellow person when you’re able, according to organizers.
The STEM students were able to collect more than 300 scarves – which is three times the amount they were able to place around the downtown area last year.
- Central tops South-Doyle 27-19
- Four fires in 10 days in Claxton community: What firefighters want you to avoid
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- UTPD corporal helps save man’s life in I-40 fifth-wheel camper fire incident