TELLICO PLAINS, Tenn. (WATE) – Charges are pending against a Monroe County Schools bus driver after a crash outside of Tellico Plains early Thursday.
THP-Knoxville District dispatch confirmed the school bus crash took place around 7:30 a.m. on Wilson Station Road near Red River Road early Thursday morning. Six of the 23 students on board sustained non-life threatening injuries and were transported to receive medical attention.
Monroe County Director of Schools Deanna McClendon said no students were seriously injured in the crash. The driver, 42-year-old Charles Morgan, was also uninjured in the crash.
According to a preliminary investigation, Morgan ran off the road and hit a tree.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Man arrested after deadly shooting in South Memphis
- Virginia teacher charged with drug possession, cocaine found in desk
- ‘Vampire Facials’ spa owner linked to HIV cases in New Mexico faces 24 charges
- Allergic to the COVID vaccine? There’s hope on the horizon, Dr. Fauci says
- Instagram-famous cat dies after Brooklyn brawl