TELLICO PLAINS, Tenn. (WATE) – Charges are pending against a Monroe County Schools bus driver after a crash outside of Tellico Plains early Thursday.
THP-Knoxville District dispatch confirmed the school bus crash took place around 7:30 a.m. on Wilson Station Road near Red River Road early Thursday morning. Six of the 23 students on board sustained non-life threatening injuries and were transported to receive medical attention.
Monroe County Director of Schools Deanna McClendon said no students were seriously injured in the crash. The driver, 42-year-old Charles Morgan, was also uninjured in the crash.
According to a preliminary investigation, Morgan ran off the road and hit a tree.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Academy apologizes to Sacheen Littlefeather over 1973 Marlon Brando Oscar controversy
- FBI: Alec Baldwin pulled trigger in deadly ‘Rust’ shooting
- Rapper A$AP Rocky charged in connection with 2021 shooting in Hollywood
- Sen. Blackburn visits Vanderbilt for introduction of military exoskeleton brace
- Billions would die from starvation in nuclear war, research finds