(CNN) – Most parents know that kids love screen time, but limiting that TV or iPad time and reading to children instead will boost their brain development.
Researchers at Cincinnati’s Children’s Hospital gave cognitive tests to children, along with brain scans.
They found that kids who used screens more than one hour per day had poorer emerging literacy skills and less ability to use expressive language.
However, children who frequently read books with their caregiver scored higher on the tests.
- Alcoa finishes regular season 9-1 with victory over Dobyns Bennett
- Football comes full circle: Mays brothers reunite on the Tennessee offensive line
- Haunted Tri-Cities: Newport building linked to tragedy, haunting and a conspiracy
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first