WERRI BEACH, Australia (AP) – Drone footage emerged on Tuesday of a large shark swimming very near a surfer off Werri Beach in New South Wales, Australia.
The surfer is seen turning his board to make for the shore as the shark gets closer.
The surfer heard an alert message from the drone operator, blaring out “Shark! Shark! Shark! Evacuate the water immediately!”
The drone operator, who was patrolling the area as part of a volunteer search and rescue service, estimated that the shark was 3 to 4 meters (9 and a half to 13 feet) in length and either a Bronze Whaler or a young Great White.
- There’s no place like home for the holidays, and the Oak Ridge Boys are no exception
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- Sevierville Police warn of heavy weekend traffic ahead of Black Friday