KINGSTON, Tenn. (WATE) — The suspect in a deadly crash pleaded not guilty to several charges Monday after a May 2019 drag race claimed the life of two teens.
Holden Melton, 19, of Wartburg is facing multiple charges including vehicular homicide by drag racing and vehicular homicide by reckless driving.
The two teens killed in the crash, 18-year-old Austin French and 16-year-old Joshua Freels, both had been riding in the car with Melton at the time. The crash happened along Orchard Valley Drive in Harriman.
Melton did not appear in court on Monday, but his attorney did submit a waiver of appearance where he pleaded not guilty and a status hearing was set for July 17.
- More than cookie cutters, local business turns to making face shields
- Oklahoma hair stylists under scrutiny for working inside private homes during COVID-19 pandemic
- Safer-at-home order debate divides Tennessee governor, group of doctors
- Weekly unemployment claims in Tennessee reach 94K+
- Report: Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson set for charity rematch involving Peyton Manning and Tom Brady