GALLATIN, Tenn. (WKRN) — Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has arrested and charged a Gallatin police officer accused of assaulting a juvenile during a domestic dispute.
According to the TBI, agents began investigating the allegation involving Ofc. Vincent Marquez on April 27. During the course of the investigation, agents developed information that Marquez, who was off-duty at the time of the incident, assaulted a juvenile related to his girlfriend.
Agents arrested Marquez Thursday and charged him with one count of domestic assault. He was released from the Sumner County Jail on his own recognizance.
Gallatin Police released a statement to News 2 stating that Marquez was placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
In April of this year the department was made aware of allegations of domestic assault against MPO Vincent Marquez. The information was forwarded to District Attorney Ray Whitley who requested an independent investigation be conducted by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. MPO Marquez was decommissioned and placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
Today MPO Vincent Marquez was charged with one count of Domestic Assault. He will remain on administrative leave pending the outcome of the charges in court on July 15, 2020.
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Official: Chinese vaccines’ effectiveness low
- Chloé Zhao becomes 1st woman of color to win top DGA honor