KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A suspect was injured following an officer-involved shooting Saturday afternoon in Knoxville.
The TBI identifying the suspect as 36-year-old Zachariah Allen.
KPD responded to a domestic-related burglary in progress in the 4300-block of Immanuel Street in South Knoxville.
When they arrived, Allen was found on the scene with a knife.
Officers used a taser in an attempt to take the man into custody. However, the taser was ineffective. Allen began to attack officers while armed with the knife.
At that time, a KPD officer fired his department issued handgun, striking Allen. He was taken to UT Medical Center for treatment. The extent of injuries are unknown.
No officers were injured. The TBI is investigating this incident.
- Pigskin Preview: Grace Christian Academy
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- UT Knoxville students move into dorms amid pandemic
- Pigskin Preview: Sevier County
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 cases hit 122,712, up 2,127