DICKSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) - An attempted murder suspect added to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Top 10 Most Wanted List was captured in Dickson County.
Nineteen-year-old Sean Caldwell was wanted following a shooting at a Dollar General in Tennessee City before leading multiple law enforcement agencies on a pursuit on Interstate 40.
Dickson County Sheriff Jeff Bledsoe told News 2 Caldwell was taken into custody near Meek Cemetery by a deputy and K-9 officer.
Caldwell and three accomplices fled following the shooting Monday.
An officer attempted to stop the car and when the driver did not stop, the officer started a chase down Highway 46 and onto Interstate 40 East, according to a release.
At one point, the vehicle stopped near Interstate 840 and a passenger jumped out of the car.
The vehicle continued on I-40 where it was eventually stopped by spike strips deployed by Kingston Springs Police near the Dickson-Cheatham county line.
The car ran off the road a short distance away and three occupants were taken into custody.
They were identified by the Dickson County Sheriff's Office as Damario Davis, 20, Derrick Watkins, 20, and Tiara Young, 21. All were charged with facilitation of aggravated robbery and booked into the Dickson County jail.
Caldwell, though, remains at large.
News 2 spoke with Watkins from behind bars on Tuesday. He told News 2 the shooting was a "drug deal gone bad."
Police though have not released a motive for the shooting. The shooting victim was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville and was last listed in serious condition.
Police and the Dickson County Sheriff's Department warned residents to lock their doors and not to approach Caldwell if they see him.
News 2 is tracking crime where you live with CrimeTracker reports. Click here for more coverage.
- WATCH: NFL Draft prospects ready to take the big stage
- Knox County Schools board of education approves budget
- Nashville teens with troubled pasts cook for, serve NFL stars, Draft prospects
- Northview Senior Academy student taken into custody after alleged threat
- Knox County elementary school awarded Budding Botanist Grant
- Ride sharing companies finding ways to counter NFL Draft road closures
- Worried Knoxville parents vaccinating early amid East TN measles case
- Court to hear Washington challenge to Trump abortion rule
- Texas executes avowed racist in black man's dragging death
- Illinois boy found buried in shallow grave; parents charged
- Some women of color frustrated by Biden's expected 2020 bid
- The Latest: Missing boy's body was buried in shallow grave
- The Latest: Trump says White House to fight House subpoenas
- Woman, 2 children die in North Texas flash flood