DICKSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) - An attempted murder suspect added to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Top 10 Most Wanted List was captured in Dickson County.
Nineteen-year-old Sean Caldwell was wanted following a shooting at a Dollar General in Tennessee City before leading multiple law enforcement agencies on a pursuit on Interstate 40.
Dickson County Sheriff Jeff Bledsoe told News 2 Caldwell was taken into custody near Meek Cemetery by a deputy and K-9 officer.
Caldwell and three accomplices fled following the shooting Monday.
An officer attempted to stop the car and when the driver did not stop, the officer started a chase down Highway 46 and onto Interstate 40 East, according to a release.
At one point, the vehicle stopped near Interstate 840 and a passenger jumped out of the car.
The vehicle continued on I-40 where it was eventually stopped by spike strips deployed by Kingston Springs Police near the Dickson-Cheatham county line.
The car ran off the road a short distance away and three occupants were taken into custody.
They were identified by the Dickson County Sheriff's Office as Damario Davis, 20, Derrick Watkins, 20, and Tiara Young, 21. All were charged with facilitation of aggravated robbery and booked into the Dickson County jail.
Caldwell, though, remains at large.
News 2 spoke with Watkins from behind bars on Tuesday. He told News 2 the shooting was a "drug deal gone bad."
Police though have not released a motive for the shooting. The shooting victim was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville and was last listed in serious condition.
Police and the Dickson County Sheriff's Department warned residents to lock their doors and not to approach Caldwell if they see him.
News 2 is tracking crime where you live with CrimeTracker reports. Click here for more coverage.
Trump: Saudi arrests in Khashoggi death
Antetokounmpo, Middleton help Bucks...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Principal honored by school students for first appreciation day
- Former USA Gymnastics head Steve Penny out on bond from Sevier Co. Jail
- Local businesses getting hyped for Vols vs. Alabama game
- Dozens of new U.S. citizens take oath at Pigeon Forge High School ceremony
- How a Knox County 8th grader's poem changed his teacher's life
- Female lion kills father of her cubs at Indianapolis Zoo
- Traffic way to reverse temporarily on Wall Avenue for garage repair Sunday-Monday
- Dems struggle with Trump's approach to culture war
- Attack in Afghanistan is a reminder of formidable task
- Trump: Saudi arrests in Khashoggi death 'a good first step'
- In full campaign mode, Trump calls Dems 'too extreme'
- Russian woman charged in first 2018 election meddling case
- Trump's campaign mode revives fiery immigration talk
- Alaska's independent governor drops re-election bid