KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – All lanes of Interstate 40 at I-640 in Knoxville have reopened after an overhead sign was downed in a crash on Tuesday.
RELATED: One person was killed in the accident.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation spokesperson Mark Nagi, the sign was downed during a multi-vehicle crash around mile marker 393 around 8:30 a.m.
The interstate was temporarily closed before one lane opened in either direction as of 9:24 a.m.
Significant delays are occurring in the area while crews continue to try to clear the wreckage.
- Blanket message of love: Minnesota woman shares gift with Yassin’s Falafel owner
- Public servant residency bill passed by state Senate
- ‘Blessed to be alive’: Knoxville man advocates for gun safety after shooting accident
- Knoxville organization aims to promote vaccines, build trust among minority communities
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’