KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Transportation will host a series of public meetings to discuss their study of issues in the I-40, I-81 multimodal corridor.
The study will investigate a range of multimodal solutions along the interstate corridors of 40 and 81. This 18-month study will emphasize congestion management, improving safety, maximizing the potential for freight diversion and enhancing each corridor’s economic benefits.
Thursday’s meeting is set to start at 5:30 p.m. at the Cedar Bluff Library along Cross Park Drive.
Public meetings will be held throughout the duration of the study.
These meetings provide the public with a chance to provide input on the transportation needs and areas of concern in each corridor.
- 2-year-old tornado victim leaves East Tenn. Children’s Hospital
- $50,000 Powerball ticket sold in Oliver Springs
- Analysts say ‘bankruptcy likely’ for AMC Theaters
- Knoxville hotel distributing hundreds of food bags to laid-off hospitality workers
- Knoxville police say some crime rates down amid the pandemic