KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Transportation will host a series of public meetings to discuss their study of issues in the I-40, I-81 multimodal corridor.
The study will investigate a range of multimodal solutions along the interstate corridors of 40 and 81. This 18-month study will emphasize congestion management, improving safety, maximizing the potential for freight diversion and enhancing each corridor’s economic benefits.
Thursday’s meeting is set to start at 5:30 p.m. at the Cedar Bluff Library along Cross Park Drive.
Public meetings will be held throughout the duration of the study.
These meetings provide the public with a chance to provide input on the transportation needs and areas of concern in each corridor.
- Celebrating August 8 — Emancipation day in Tennessee
- President Trump extends unemployment benefits, defers payroll tax
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US
- Missing teen from Soddy Daisy has been found safe, according to TBI
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 death toll in state is 1,215, up 9