NASHVILLE (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Transportation has selected five winning messages in its Dynamic Message Sign Contest.
Nearly 3,000 entries were submitted and more than 3,700 votes cast for the 15 finalists. Issues included distracted driving, seat belt usage, impaired driving, speeding and aggressive driving.
The number one message, “Turn signals, the original instant messaging,” will run on TDOT’s overhead electronic message signs this week. It and the other four winning messages will then be placed in rotation to run on the signs statewide.
Top five messages in order of votes:
- “Turn signals, the original instant messaging.”
- “Get the cell off your phone and drive.”
- “Practice safe text. Don’t do it while driving.”
- “You’re in Tennessee. Volunteer to drive safe.”
- “Ain’t nobody got time for a wreck. Slow it down.”