TAMPA (WFLA) — Despite proclaiming she doesn’t engage in party politics, Greta Thunberg has declared her support for Joe Biden in an election she says is “above and beyond party politics.”
The 17-year-old Swedish environmental activist won Time’s Person of the Year in 2019. In her young life, she has already addressed heads of state at the U.N., met with the pope, sparred with President Donald Trump, and inspired the largest climate demonstration in human history.
Now, she’s showing her support for Democratic presidential candidate Biden.
“From a climate perspective it’s very far from enough and many of you of course supported other candidates,” she tweeted. “But, I mean…you know…damn! Just get organized and get everyone to vote #Biden”
In 2019, Trump called Thunberg’s Time Person of the Year award “ridiculous.”
“So ridiculous,” Trump tweeted. “Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!”
- $570,000 of suspected drug money seized after minivan hits bus carrying Nebraska soccer team
- Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate, Colorado shelter says
- Police searching for missing Clinton man last seen in Anderson County
- US Military has no plans right now to shoot down Chinese rocket returning to Earth this weekend
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms won’t seek reelection