NEW YORK (WJTV) – New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that people traveling from Tennessee to New York must self-quarantine for 14 days.
Cuomo announced on Tuesday that eight additional states, including Tennessee, met the metrics to qualify for the travel advisory.
The other states that were added to the advisory on Tuesday include:
The quarantine applies to any person arriving from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents over a 7-day rolling average or a state with a 10% or higher positivity rate over a 7-day rolling average.
“As an increasing number of states around the country fight significant community spread, New York is taking action to maintain the precarious safety of its phased, data-driven reopening,” Cuomo said. “We’ve set metrics for community spread just as we’ve set metrics for everything the state does to fight COVID-19, and eight more states have reached the level of spread required to qualify for New York’s travel advisory, meaning we will now require individuals traveling to New York from those states to quarantine for 14 days.”
The full, updated list of states on the travel advisory is below:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Those found breaking the quarantine rule could face monetary fines.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Knox County has 10th death, Sevier C ounty mandates masks
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Town of Greeneville to re-enter Phase I of reopening plan
- Local great-grandmother hard at work to provide masks to those without one
- Mandating masks: Why one county leader said no
- ‘It’s still very much real’: LMU medical students raise thousands for PPE donations for East Tennessee hospitals
- Coronavirus Tennessee: State continues to be a hotspot with record 2,472 new cases; total now 55,986
- United Airlines warns 36,000 workers they could be laid off
- US reaches 3 million COVID-19 cases, nearly double all other countries
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Blount County is not mandating masks despite double-digit rise in cases
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County Health Dept. announces 10th death, region hospitals vigilant as cases continue to rise
- Brooks Brothers, worn by Lincoln and Kennedy, goes bankrupt
- Planning a vacation to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg? What you need to know about wearing a mask
- US sets single-day record for new coronavirus cases with over 60,000
- Australia to shut state border as Melbourne infections surge