DYERSBURG, Tenn. (AP) — A man who escaped from a Tennessee jail along with another inmate has been arrested in Illinois.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Michael Bolden and Antoine Thomas overpowered a correctional officer at the Dyer County Jail on Aug. 30, took the officer’s keys and scaled a fence to flee.
The officer was treated at a hospital for injuries. Bolden was arrested without incident Friday night by the U.S. Marshals Service in Rock Island.
Thomas was taken into custody Aug. 31 in Dyersburg. He was treated for injuries sustained during the escape and returned to jail.
- Hispanic Heritage: Honoring indigenous culture through pyrography
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
- Tracking the Tropics: Beta brings heavy rain, flash floods to Texas
- Make-A-Wish surprises 4-year-old Florida cancer survivor with puppy
- Which face masks are most effective?