NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee voters now can drop off completed absentee ballots until Election Day afternoon at one post office location in every county.
Tennessee officials are asking voters to mail their ballots at a designated post office by 3 p.m. local time on Nov. 3. County election officials will pick up the ballots afterward on Election Day.
Secretary of State Tre Hargett’s office says more than 1.8 million Tennesseans had voted as of the close of polls on Monday. That already surpasses the previous record of nearly 1.7 million early and absentee ballots cast during the 2016 presidential election.
- Alexander ranks ‘Outdoors Act’ among top Senate achievements
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- Biden transition gets govt OK after Trump out of options
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- Michigan officials certify election, sealing Biden victory