KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Kennedy Chandler, the top-rated point guard prospect in the country, announced his commitment to the University of Tennessee on Friday.
The Memphis-native is the no. 1-rated point guard and the 12th overall prospect in the class of 2021, according to ESPN. Chandler was choosing between Tennessee, Memphis, North Carolina, Duke and North Carolina.
Chandler credited the recruiting efforts of Tennessee Head Coach Rick Barnes and assistant coach Kim English for influencing his decision when he announced his commitment in an Instagram Live interview with ESPN’s Paul Biancardi.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 6 game highlights
- Vol fans gear up for football season; share excitement about first game
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Bars, restaurants prep for first Vol football game since COVID-19