KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Kennedy Chandler, the top-rated point guard prospect in the country, announced his commitment to the University of Tennessee on Friday.
The Memphis-native is the no. 1-rated point guard and the 12th overall prospect in the class of 2021, according to ESPN. Chandler was choosing between Tennessee, Memphis, North Carolina, Duke and North Carolina.
Chandler credited the recruiting efforts of Tennessee Head Coach Rick Barnes and assistant coach Kim English for influencing his decision when he announced his commitment in an Instagram Live interview with ESPN’s Paul Biancardi.
- South-Doyle needs a win over Gibbs to clinch spot in the playoffs
- Heating bills expected to rise up in Knoxville this winter
- Tom Brady giving Bucs fan who returned 600th TD a Bitcoin
- TikTok star accused of killing wife, her companion in high-rise shooting
- Express Employment Professionals holding career fair