NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency has announced plans to participate in Operation Dry Water once again this year.
In a statement, the TWRA says the operation will begin on Friday, July 3, and run through Sunday, July 5.
The goal of the operation is to crack down on boating while under the influence. Along with limiting alcohol consumption, officers want to emphasize the importance life jackets while on the water.
Last year, there was one boating-related fatality and nine boating under the influence arrests made across the state during the operation.
- Gallery: Week 10 of Friday Frenzy
- Friday Frenzy Week 10 final scores from across the state
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 10 game highlights
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November