NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency has announced plans to participate in Operation Dry Water once again this year.
In a statement, the TWRA says the operation will begin on Friday, July 3, and run through Sunday, July 5.
The goal of the operation is to crack down on boating while under the influence. Along with limiting alcohol consumption, officers want to emphasize the importance life jackets while on the water.
Last year, there was one boating-related fatality and nine boating under the influence arrests made across the state during the operation.
- Les Miles, Kansas agree to ‘mutual’ split after LSU report on sexual complaints
- Bearden, Oak Ridge, Kingston punch ticket to states
- ‘Swarm’ of 20,000 earthquakes rattles Iceland
- Endangered tiger dies during artificial insemination procedure at Colorado zoo
- Knoxville Police: Car burglaries are up this year; victims speak out