NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency has announced plans to participate in Operation Dry Water once again this year.
In a statement, the TWRA says the operation will begin on Friday, July 3, and run through Sunday, July 5.
The goal of the operation is to crack down on boating while under the influence. Along with limiting alcohol consumption, officers want to emphasize the importance life jackets while on the water.
Last year, there was one boating-related fatality and nine boating under the influence arrests made across the state during the operation.
- FDA adds to list of hand sanitizers to avoid, making it 14 total
- 6-year-old Arkansas girl jumps into action saving family in UTV accident
- ‘My buddy Jeff needs a kidney’; Colorado man searches for kidney donor for himself with help from his pup
- Baby on board: Tampa Bay woman gives birth on pontoon boat on 4th of July
- Skull found at Michigan home of man killed in East Tennessee officer-involved shooting