PUTNAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — The National Weather Service confirmed an EF-4 tornado hit Putnam County early Tuesday morning, with 175 mile per hour winds.
The storm caused to 18 fatalities and 88 injuries.
According to NWS officials, this is the first violent tornado in the Midstate since April 2009. The path and width of the storm are expected to be determined in the coming days.
- Knowing the risks and signs of stroke saves lives
- Once upon a time in a Knoxville hospital, tiny babies celebrated Halloween
- Fix that sweet tooth with these gourd-eous, graveyard treats
- Knox County Health Dept. reports 100th COVID-19 death in the past 120 days
- Tracking the Tropics: Disturbance has 80% chance of developing over the Caribbean