PUTNAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — The National Weather Service confirmed an EF-4 tornado hit Putnam County early Tuesday morning, with 175 mile per hour winds.
The storm caused to 18 fatalities and 88 injuries.
According to NWS officials, this is the first violent tornado in the Midstate since April 2009. The path and width of the storm are expected to be determined in the coming days.
- Local law enforcement help with escorting remains of WWII & Korean War veteran
- More Texans would support Matthew McConaughey for governor over Greg Abbott, poll shows
- MANHUNT: Former Travis County detective identified as suspect deadly in NW Austin shooting incident
- Western states prepare for possible water shortage
- Flyer: Not allowed on AA flight because my mask was see-through