NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Pediatric flu deaths now total 10 in Tennessee, the state health department said Wednesday morning.
East Tennessee has been hardest hit with six of the 10. There have been three in Middle Tennessee and one in West Tennessee.
The Tennessee Department of Health emphasized that free flu vaccine is still available at local health departments (while supplies last). The health department also advises to stay at home when ill, cover your cough/sneeze and wash your hands.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Cases up 2.9% to 50,140
- WATCH LIVE: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek
- Washington County, Va. murder suspects may be traveling in blue Mitsubishi car
- Knox County demonstrating new election machines; voter registration deadline approaches