GREENEVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Greeneville Police are investigating the death of a 2-month-old found early Thursday in the 700 block of North Main Street.
The infant, found around 6 a.m., was transported to a hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival, according to a news release from the Greeneville Police Department.
The circumstances surrounding the child’s death is under investigation by the department’s Criminal Investigations Division and the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services.
The body will be taken to the William L. Jenkins Forensic Center at East Tennessee State University for autopsy, the news release said.
- Anderson County to move forward with fireworks show
- Coronavirus: Sevier County Sheriff suspends on-site visitation at corrections facilities
- Sevier County: Mask mandate decision may be determined by Monday
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Gatlinburg urges residents, visitors to practice social distancing when watching July 4th fireworks show