BEDFORD COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — A deputy with the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office has been arrested and charged with sexual assault.
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, 31-year-old Joseph Guthrie assaulted a woman at a party in Bedford County in October 2019.
Agents began their investigation into the assault in February.
Guthrie was indicted on June 22 and charged with one count of rape. He was booked into the Bedford County jail Monday on a $35,000 bond.
No additional information was immediately released.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 10 game highlights
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington state