BEDFORD COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — A deputy with the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office has been arrested and charged with sexual assault.
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, 31-year-old Joseph Guthrie assaulted a woman at a party in Bedford County in October 2019.
Agents began their investigation into the assault in February.
Guthrie was indicted on June 22 and charged with one count of rape. He was booked into the Bedford County jail Monday on a $35,000 bond.
No additional information was immediately released.
- Layoffs stuck at high level as 1.3 million seek jobless aid
- Tennessee weekly unemployment claims back over 25,000
- Photos: The tragic history of the ‘Glee’ cast
- Scammers are posing as coronavirus contact tracers, BBB says
- Country band Lady A sues singer with same name