NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A death row inmate is scheduled to die by electric chair next week.
Nicholas Sutton, 58, was sentenced to death for the 1985 murder of fellow inmate Carl Estep at the Morgan County Correctional Facility.
Sutton has spent the last 33 years on Tennessee’s death row.
Late last month, Sutton chose to die in the electric chair. His sentence will be carried out next Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Riverbend Maximum Security Institute.
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- Tourism 2020: COVID-19’s impact on Knoxville and how the city is rebounding
- Tennessee Coronavirus: State has had 197,432 COVID-19 cases and 2,501 deaths
- WATCH: Southeastern Stream Live – Week 2
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports 75 new cases, no new deaths