NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee issued the following statement Saturday night:
“At the request of Mayor Cooper, I am authorizing the National Guard to mobilize in response to protests that have now taken a violent, unlawful turn in Nashville.
“The threat to both peace and property is unacceptable and we will work with local law enforcement and community leaders to restore safety and order. This is not a reflection of our state or the fundamental American right to peaceful protest.”
A 10 p.m. curfew is in effect for Nashville and Davidson County.
- Anderson County to move forward with fireworks show
- Coronavirus: Sevier County Sheriff suspends on-site visitation at corrections facilities
- Sevier County: Mask mandate decision may be determined by Monday
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Gatlinburg urges residents, visitors to practice social distancing when watching July 4th fireworks show