MADISONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - The 14-year-old Madisonville teen who went missing Jan. 13 has been found safe, according to authorities who have been working the case.
Monroe County Sheriff's Office confirmed late Thursday she was found in a residence in Wisconsin and that multiple people were involved in the case. They could not confirm more details surrounding her being found.
There is a possibility more people will be charged, according to MCSO Sheriff Tommy Jones.
Thursday afternoon, the adoptive father of the 14-year-old, Randall Lee Pruitt, 41, was arrested by authorities in Monroe County and charged with rape. MCSO Sheriff Tommy Jones saying Thursday night that charge was separate from her disappearance. He is being held in the Monroe County Jail.
"We don't believe at this time he has any connection to her running away or missing," Sheriff Jones said.
The rape charge - is part of the same case, but carries different charges, Sheriff Jones clarified. Officials could not comment on the date of the alleged rape crime.
The investigation is ongoing.
"She is safe, she is in custody so that's a very good ending to this," Sheriff Jones said. "She's doing fine."
The search for the missing 14-year-old was a multi-agency effort, Sheriff Jones lauded the assisting agencies' help.
Sheriff Jones also could not confirm where in Wisconsin she was found, or how she got there. A tip through the FBI led to her location. The girl's three siblings are said to be "safe," according to officials.
Investigators believe the 14-year-old left a bad home situation in Madisonville. She is in good health, officials said.
Officials are working on bringing the teen back to Tennessee.
The investigation is ongoing.
The news of the 14-year-old being the victim of the alleged rape has changed the circumstances of how WATE 6 On Your Side may report this story.
WATE 6 On Your Side is not naming the victim of the alleged rape, per policy.
Bonnaroo 2019: A gallery of photos...
Swift calls out homophobes on new song,
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Gov. Bill Lee to hold special session in Aug. to name Casada replacement
- Body found in the Holston River in Hawkins County Saturday
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace tries to break world record for bunk bed builds
- Bonnaroo 2019: A gallery of photos from Day 2
- KFD working house fire in South Knoxville early Saturday morning
- Strawberry Moon: There's a lunar show starting Saturday night
- Knoxville man's mother dies while celebrating birthday in Dominican Republic
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former student who reported rape says college betrayed her
- OJ Simpson on Twitter: 'I got a little gettin' even to do'
- Washington state waterfront owners asked to take dead whales
- Funeral held for West Point cadet who died in training
- Authorities: Man offered money to 'rape and murder' Alaskan
- Democrats favor more access to capital for black businesses
- US border center scrutinized after teen found with preemie