NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Two Knoxville lawmakers have introduced legislation to officially designate Tennessee “The Volunteer State.”
State Representative Jason Zachary and Senator Becky Massey are behind the push.
According to the lawmakers, while Tennessee has been referred to as “The Volunteer State” since as early as 1812, the name is not currently recognized by state law.
Both Zachary and Massey say the law would honor our past and inspire future generations to answer the call to serve.
- Showdown of NFL’s next generation of QBs: Jackson Vs Allen
- Family says Las Vegas woman contracted flesh-eating bacteria after medical procedure
- Police: Patron angered by ketchup pulls gun at McDonald’s
- Black bear caught on video in Gatlinburg parking garage
- LIVE TODAY: Southeastern Stream Live – SEC Championship Preview