NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Two Knoxville lawmakers have introduced legislation to officially designate Tennessee “The Volunteer State.”
State Representative Jason Zachary and Senator Becky Massey are behind the push.
According to the lawmakers, while Tennessee has been referred to as “The Volunteer State” since as early as 1812, the name is not currently recognized by state law.
Both Zachary and Massey say the law would honor our past and inspire future generations to answer the call to serve.
- Can at-home DNA tests predict how you’ll respond to your medications?
- Missing toddler found sleeping on her dog, miles from Michigan home
- 6 dead after train crashes into family’s SUV in Florida
- Traffic tickets can be profitable, and fairness isn’t the bottom line in city courts where judges impose the fines
- EV batteries degrade faster in hot weather: What owners can do