WASHINGTON D.C. (WATE) — Congressman Tim Burchett showed his support for the Capitol Police officers in Washington D.C. on Tuesday.
Lawmakers posted signs all around the nation’s Capitol, thanking law enforcement after last week’s violent mob stormed the building.
Five people have died, including Capitol police officer Brian Sicknick, who died from injuries sustained during the riot.
Burchett shared photos of the signs posted outside his office on his Twitter.
- Widespread power outages reported in Oak Ridge
- Child tax credit: Biden stimulus plan could give parents $300 a month per child
- Bernie Sanders website offering meme sweatshirts to benefit Vermont Meals on Wheels
- Police investigating after shots fired at Knoxville’s Planned Parenthood clinic on anniversary of Roe v. Wade
- Changes to COVID-19 vaccination plan adjusts when 65 and older are eligible; moves up medically fragile, jailers