MARSHALL COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A domestic call in Marshall County led to an ex-con being arrested for aggravated animal cruelty.

The suspect was charged after pictures of a dead kitten went viral on Facebook.

Police say Kendric Porter has admitted to killing the 6-week-old feline, which belonged to a woman he was dating.

The woman got the kitten from her best friend, Lynn Turner.

“How could you hurt something that cute?” Turner said.

Turner became emotional Tuesday as she told News 2 about the jarring phone call she got from her best friend Sunday morning, describing how Porter allegedly killed the kitten.

“She says, ‘I need you to help me now.’ She says, ‘He just killed my cat. I have to get out of here,’” Turner said.

According to an arrest report, Porter and his girlfriend got into an argument and deputies asked him to leave the home.

That’s when Porter allegedly told police he kicked the kitten into the wall and it died.

“He grabbed it by the neck and slammed it were her words,” explained Turner. “And I think of the force it took to do that much damage in one slam.”

Turner’s friend posted the picture on Facebook, but News 2 is not showing that picture due to its graphic nature.

“This is about a kitten losing its life – a helpless kitten. That kitten couldn’t stand up and punch that man and make him stop,” she said.

The Facebook post went viral and by Monday detectives were getting inundated with calls to look into the abuse. Porter was ultimately arrested Monday on charges of aggravated cruelty to animals.

Before his arrest, Porter responded to the firestorm of controversy the Facebook post generated writing, “Everybody talking about calling the police, but what about my kids? They need me too. EXPLETIVE that d*** cat.”

Porter is in jail under a $6,000 bond and is due in court June 27.

“He could easily set it [the kitten] to the side and he didn’t do that and that is the choice he made landing him where he is,” Turner said.

News 2 has learned Porter has previously been jailed on drug charges. He is currently on parole and detectives said they have contact TDOC officials about his latest arrest.